The ESI Scheme is administer by a corporate body called the ‘Employees State Insurance Corporation’ (ESIC) which has members representing the employers, employees, the Central Government, The State Government, Medical Professional and the Parliament. The Director General is the Chief Executive Officer of the corporations and is also an ex-officio member of the corporation.
Registration of a factory/establishment with the Employees' State Insurance Corporation is a statutory responsibility of the employer under Section 2-A of the Act read with Regulation 10-B. The employer, in respect of a factory/establishment to which the Act applies for the first time, is liable to furnish Declaration of Registration in Form 01 (Employers' Registration Form) to the concerned Regional / Sub Regional Office within 15 days after the Act becomes applicable.
For non-seasonal factories, shops, hotels, restaurants, cinemas including preview theatres, road-motor transport undertakings, Private Medical and Educational institutions and newspaper establishments employing 10 or more persons.
The existing wage limit for coverage under the Act is Rs. 15,000/- per month.
It is statutory responsibility of the employer to get his factory registered under the ESI within 15 days of establishing or 15 days after the Act becomes applicable to the area in which the factory is situated. The Factory or Establishment to which the Act applies is to be registered by submitting an Employer’s registration form (Form -01) to the concerned Regional office and obtain an identification number called the Code number.
The Sub Regional Office will allot a specific code number, after examining the aspect of coverage. This number so allotted is very specific for the employer and the same has to be used in all correspondence with ESIC.
- Documents relating to the constitution of the Factory/Firm/Establishment,
- PAN Card and Address Proof of the Factory/Firm/Establishment,
- Evidence in support of the date of commencement of production /business,
- List of partners / directors with their address, address proof like pan card / passport/voter identity card,
- Month wise employment position etc. are the essential documents.
- Rend Deed / Leases Deed
- Copy of Shop & Establishment Act, Factory License, Trade License etc .
- Copy of Service Tax & First Sale Bill/Invoice
- Memorandum of Association and Article of Association
- Copy of Bank Account Statement
Being a ESI consultant we undertake filing of necessary papers and obtaining ESI registration code number for new establishment within prescribed time as per Act. We provide following services in relation to ESIC:-
New Companies Registration:-
Filing of necessary papers and obtaining ESI Registration code number.
Online Registration of the employees:
- Online date entry of the Insured Persons on ESI web portal as per new amendment.
- Scanning of Individual/Family Photographs and Signatures of the Insured person and uploading it for obtaining ESI Numbers.
- Online Temporary Identity Card (TIC) Printing.
- Obtaining Permanent Identity Card (PIC) from the ESI Branch office
- Preparing and Maintain of Form No. 7( ESI Regulation No. 32)
- Form No. 3 (Regulation 14)
- Online preparation of Challan thru ESIC web portal & deposit into bank within prescribed time as per Act. (Effective from August-10 as per new amendment)
- Provide help and prepare the documents in case of accident or demised employee.
- All assessment & inspection from ESI department, when required.
- Reply of Notices etc. from the concern authorities.
- Information with regard to any amendment/changes in the act will be informed immediately.
Half yearly Process:
- Prepare Form 6 (Statutory half yearly return) for Main code and sub codes nos.
- Form No. 01-A (Annual Return)
Under ESI Act employer have to maintain the following records:
- Attendance Register;
- Wages Register;
- Form-6 Register;
- Accident Register;
- Inspection Book
- File containing all monthly challans & returns submitted..
THE FOLLOWING IS A QUICK VIEW OF DETAILS ABOUT ESI
|Number of Employes Required for statutory registration||
|Date of Payment||
21st of Every Month
|PENAL PROVISIONS FOR DELAY IN PAYMENT OF CONTRIBUTION:|
|Period of Delay||
Rate of Damages (%)
|Less than 2 months||
|2 to 4 months||
|4 to 6 months||
|6 months and above||
No Monthly Return
|Half Yearly Returns||
November 15th and May 15th
|COLLECTION PERIOD AND BENEFIT PERIOD:|
Corresponding Benefit Period
|1st April to 30th Sept.||
1st Jan of the following year to 30th June
|1st Oct to 31st March of the year following.||
1st July to 31st December of the year following
Disclaimer: This is not a legal opinion and should not be construed as one. Please speak with your attorney for any advice.